Vegan, flavourful ALAM pesto
This vegan, flavourful ALAM pesto is perfect to add in your healthy dishes like salads, pasta, (wrap)pizza and more. Easy and delicious!
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9 grams cloves garlic (peeled)
- 10 grams nutrition yeast
- 25 grams pine nuts (if nut-free, try sunflower seeds)
- 100 grams fresh packed basil (large stems removed)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 45-70 ml water (plus more as needed)
- 1 spoon ALAM superfood powder blend
- Pinch of salt
1. Add the basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and sea salt to a food processor and mix on high until a loose paste forms.
2. Add olive oil a little at a time and scrape down sides as needed. Than add 15ml water at a time until the desired consistency is reached – a thick but pourable sauce.
3. Lastly add the ALAM superfood powder to the food processor and mix until the powder is blended evenly together with the sauce.
Shelf life: up to 6 days in the fridge.