Made from only clean and healthy ingredients, this ALAM hummus is so smooth, creamy and tastes super fresh and flavourful. It’s high in fibre and a great source of plant-based protein.
- 240 grams chickpeas (net. weight)
- 2 spoons tahini paste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 spoons olive oil
- Seasoning to taste, like salt, garlic and cumin
- 2 spoons ALAM superfood powder blend
- When used home-cooked chickpeas: soak overnight. Drain and rinse off. When used (glazed)canned chickpeas: open the can and drain/rinse the chickpeas.
- In a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process until well blended together.
- Add the olive oil, seasoning and ALAM superfood powder blend to the tahini mixture. Process for a minute. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for one more minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the processor and add remaining chickpeas. Process until perfectly smooth and even.
- If the consistency is too thick or still contains tiny bits of chickpea, carefully add 2 or 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- When ready to serve, top off with some ALAM superfood powder, drizzle of olive oil and a few chickpeas.
Shelf life: up to 5 days in the fridge. Consume at room temperature or warm.
Serving suggestion: perfect to dip-in your favourite healthy snacks like raw vegetables or whole wheat pita bread. Also delicious on top off toast, rice cakes and as a dish on the side.