Alam green superfood waffles
From sweet to savory to wholesome, from breakfast to dessert, the possibilities are endless with this vegan Alam green superfood waffle recipe. Easy to make and a (guilt free) treat to eat!
Ingredients for 4 waffles
For the batter:
– 2 scoops of Alam superfood powder
– 40 grams fresh spinach
– 1 flaxseed egg (mix one teaspoon of flaxseed with 3 teaspoons of water together, set in the fridge for minimum 15 minutes)
– 250 milliliters of plant-based milk
– 250 grams of oat flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 2 tablespoons of plant-based yogurt
– ½ teaspoon of salt
For the savory topping:
– Few tablespoons of red pepper hummus
– Handful of kale chips
– Handful of cherry tomatoes
– ½ avocado cut into small pieces
– Micro greens and sprouted lentils
For the banana topping:
– 1 banana cut into slices
– ½ mango cut into small pieces
– Dragon Fruit in balls or cubes
– A few slices of star fruit
– 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
– 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
For forest fruit topping:
– 2 tablespoons of vegan cottage cheese
– 150 grams of mixed red fruits (strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, cherries)
– 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, place them in a baking tray and pour over a little olive oil. Place in an oven heated to 140 degrees celcius for 2 hours until slightly dehydrated.
2. For the batter, blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
3. Heat up a waffle iron, add a little bit of coconut oil and pour a few tablespoons into the iron.
4. Bake until browned and turn if necessary.
5. Top waffles with the topping you prefer and enjoy!
We love to see your creations! Join us to share your favorite ALAM moments of health, beauty and wellbeing @alamholistic and #ALAMholistic. Learn more about the unique, all-natural ALAM box and shop yours now to start taking the very best care of yourself through only best Nature has to offer from both inside and out.