ALAM avocado burger
These vegan, nutritious ALAM burgers use avocado halves as the buns. They are a delicious, fun and healthy way to serve and eat burgers.
For 4 burgers:
– 1 can of chickpeas (or soak 1 cup of dried chickpeas overnight and cook until soft)
– 2 scoops ALAM superfood powder
– 1 onion
– Handful each of fresh parsley and spinach
– 2 tablespoons of cumin
– 1 tablespoon ground coriander
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 4 tablespoons (gluten free) flour
For the assembly:
– 4 avocados
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 2 tomatoes in thin slices
– A few leaves of lettuce- ½ cucumber cut into long ribbons- ½ red onion in thin slices
– Mixed cress or microgreens
– 3 tablespoons coconut yogurt
– 2 tablespoons tahini
1. Put all the ingredients for the burgers in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. It doesn’t have to be super fine, as the chunks will give some texture.2. Form into 4 burgers and place in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
3. To fry, heat up a few tablespoons of (coconut)oil in a pan and bake the burgers on both sides until toasted and crunchy.4. In a bowl, mix together half of the lemon juice, the tahini and the coconut yogurt.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. To assemble the burgers, peel the avocados and cut each in half horizontally.
7. Sprinkle it with a bit of lemon juice so they don’t turn brown.
8. Layer slices of tomato, lettuce, a burger, onion rings, cucumber ribbons, microgreens and the tahini sauce.
We love to see your creations! Join us to share your favorite ALAM moments of health, beauty and wellbeing @alamholistic and #ALAMholistic. Learn more about the unique, all-natural ALAM box and shop yours now to start taking the very best care of yourself through only best Nature has to offer from both inside and out.